NAME, OBJECTIVES AND GOVERNANCE
Section 1 – Name
- a.The name of the Corporation shall be Altshuller Institute for TRIZ Studies, Inc., which shall be, abbreviated AI. This non-profit organization exists for the benefit of those who know the TRIZ Methodology, for those who want to learn TRIZ and for the benefit of all mankind.
1.2 The seal of the Corporation shall be a circular die with, a stylized rendition of the letter
"AI" plus "The Altshuller Institute for TRIZ Studies, the name of the Corporation cut or
engraved thereon. The word, "Massachusetts" and the year of its incorporation may also
be cut or engraved thereon, or shall be in such other form as the Board of Directors may,
from time to time, determine.
Section 2 – Objectives
The objectives of the Corporation shall be the advancement of the theory and practice of the Theory of Inventive Problem Solving (TRIZ) and the allied and sciences, and the maintenance of high ethical and professional standing among its members. The corporation shall also have the following purposes:
- a.To create, promote, and stimulate interest in the advancement and diffusion of knowledge of the art and science of TRIZ and its application.
- b.To promote unity, effectiveness of effort and ethical professional conduct among those who are devoting themselves to the theory and practice of TRIZ or the allied arts and sciences.
- c.To provide, through necessary and convenient facilities, for the holding of conferences, conventions, and other meetings of its members for the exchange of ideas and experiences in the development, application, and use of TRIZ principles and the allied arts and sciences.
- d.To publish and distribute books, pamphlets, periodicals, literature, and other printed matter devoted to the theory and practice of TRIZ and the allied arts and sciences.
- e.To preserve, maintain and make accessible documents, books, notes, etc., relevant to the past, present and future development of TRIZ.
- f.To make available to journals, newspapers, and other channels of public information. Reliable communications and other information concerning TRIZ and the allied arts and sciences.
- g.To honor Genrich Altshuller and gratefully recognize his contributions as the scientific foundation for inventive problem solving.
- h.To engage in any other activities which are not or shall not be inconsistent with, contrary to, or prohibited by law, necessary and convenient for the purpose of performing, carrying out, promoting, or accomplishing the Corporation’s objectives.
Section 3 – Governance
The Corporation shall be governed by its Articles of Organization, Bylaws, by the provisions of the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Corporation's Policies and Procedures ("Policies and Procedures"), shall serve as guidelines for the operations and activities of the Corporation, and which from time to time may be amended.